50 Inspirational Love Quotes For The Closet Romantic
There’s no better way of crystallizing our own experiences than by comparing them with those of others. From the humorous to the grief-stricken (and everything in between), I bring you my hand-picked selection of inspirational love quotes.
Inspirational love quotes
1. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
We are all a little weird and life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
3. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
4. I’m afraid sometimes you’ll play lonely games too, games you can’t win because you’ll play against you.
5. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
6. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. – Sam Keen
7. A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous. – Ingrid Bergmen
Make me immortal with a kiss. – Christopher Marlowe
9. In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing. – Mignon McLaughlin
10. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything! – T Tolis
11. The heart has reasons that reason does not understand. – Thomas Trahern
12. The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost. – Gilbert K. Chesterton
13. If he loves me only in my dreams let me be asleep forever. – Unknown
14. I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever. ~ Rabindranath Tagore
You never stop loving someone you just learn to live without them.
15. Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires,and a touch that never hurts. – Charles Dickens
Humorous Love Quotes
17. We had a lot in common. I loved him and he loved him. – Shelley Winters
18. I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. — Groucho Marx
19. My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw me naked and now she’s afraid of the light. — Rodney Dangerfield
20. You know it’s love when you want to keep holding hands even after you’re sweaty.
21. You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.
22. To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.
23. If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question – Lily Tomlin
24. It is impossible to love and be wise – Sir Francis Bacon
Heartbreak And Grief
25. At some point of your life, you will become aware that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
26. I never stopped loving, I just stopped showing it.
27. It hurts the worst when the person that made you feel special yesterday, makes you feel so unwanted today.
Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.
28. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
29. There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. – Washington Irving
31. Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you. John Green
32. Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall. – Jodi Picoult
After all my erstwhile dear, my no longer cherished;
Need we say it was not love, just because it perished?
– Edna St. Vincent Millay
34. The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it… ? Nicholas Sparks
Oscar Wilde Quotes
35. The heart was made to be broken. – Oscar Wilde
36. Men always want to be a woman’s first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man’s last romance. – Oscar Wilde
Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies.
37. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. – Oscar Wilde
38. Who, being loved, is poor? – Oscar Wilde
39. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
First Love Quotes
40. The future for me is already a thing of the past –
You were my first love and you will be my last ? Bob Dylan
41. I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of first love. For it is a fever, and a burden, too, whatever the poets may say. ? Daphne du Maurier
42. No, this trick won’t work… How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? ? Albert Einstein
First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. – George Bernard Shaw
44. The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end. – Benjamin Disraeli
My Favorite Quotes
45. I burn my candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends – it gives a lovely light! – Edna St. Vincent Millay (not strictly limited to love, but I feel it is pertinent nevertheless).
46. The longest absence is less perilous to love than the terrible trials of incessant proximity. – Edna St.Vincent Millay
And what would humans be without love?”
RARE, said Death.
? Terry Pratchett
48. To live is like to love – all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. – Samuel Butler
49. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. – Sam Keen
50. A day without love is a day without life. – George Van Valkenburg